- Low sodium-140 milligrams or less per serving
- High fiber – 5 grams or more per serving. A high-fiber claim made on a food that contains more than 3 grams of fat per serving and per 100 grams of food must also declare total fat
- Low fat – 3 grams or less per serving
- Fat-free – less than .5 gram per serving (and no added fat or oil) also listed as zero-fat, no-fat, and nonfat.
- Organic- on food labels that at least 95% of the products ingredients have been grown and processed according to USDA regulations defining the use of fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, preservatives, and other chemical ingredients
- Good source of – the product provides between 10 and 19% of the daily value for a given nutrient per serving